Kayla and Jose got married at the Castle!
Click below to watch Bear Lake and Castle Ladyhawke President and GM Craig Smith break the news by video to Kayla and Jose! They won a fairy-tale castle wedding valued at $40,600+.
Our Heartfelt Thanks
On Thursday, November 4th, 2021, our Dream Wedding Giveaway winners and now newlyweds Kayla and Jose Arellano celebrated their special day at Castle Ladyhawke! Their wedding package, valued at $40,600+, included the works: catering from Chef Johannes, photography from Terri Clark, décor, and even a special performance of a song written just for them by Matt Stillwell.
We were also so inspired by the stories of heroism and selflessness shown by community heroes during the pandemic that we awarded the 4 runners-up by waiving the venue fees for their own dream wedding at the Castle. This venue fee, valued at up to $10,000, covers their access to the venue for the day and all the essential services needed to host their event.
To the Arellanos, our 4 runners-up couples, and all of the brave men and women who have stepped up to help their communities during the most uncertain of times, we thank you from the bottom of our heart!
Pop the $40,000 Question
Our partners have teamed up to provide everything Kayla and Jose will need for their special day:
- Exclusive use of Castle Ladyhawke including the Great Hall, The Carriage House, tower, deck, kitchen, pub, garden, and grounds (12 hours)
- Wedding Date: Thursday, November 4, 2021Event size of 30 – 100 attendees*
$1,200 in travel credits/airfare for the couple to fly to Asheville Regional Airport, with private Range Rover shuttle to Bear Lake Reserve
- Wedding Cake
- Gourmet Catering
- Beverage Package (if desired*)
- Entertainment, including charting country music artist Matt Stillwell performing a custom song written specifically for Kayla and Jose
- Flowers and Floral Arrangements
- Day-of-Wedding Planner Shayna Bigazzi courtesy of Altaterra Events
- Day-of-Wedding Photography by Terri Clark Photography
- Day-of-Wedding Castellan services by Lady Sarah Little
- Tables and chairs, linens, place settings, and glassware
- Overnight stay for the Wedding Couple at the Castle Suite
- Use of the Mill Pond Pavilion at Bear Lake Reserve for the rehearsal dinner
- Mercedes Sprinter Van shuttle between Bear Lake Reserve and Castle Ladyhawke for guests and wedding party the day of the wedding
- Mountain Lodge accommodations at Bear Lake Reserve for the Couple’s immediate family
- Amenities Discount Package for all other guests lodging at Bear Lake Reserve
* The final number of attendees may affect the total value of your prize package. The beverage package may require the signing of an additional waiver.
Relax Into Nature (and Fun!)
Your magical moment becomes a weekend of fun at nearby Bear Lake Reserve, offering a perfect option for guest accommodations just a mile from the Castle entrance. Enjoy the beauty and rustic elegance of the full mountain lake resort experience, including Nicklaus Design® mountaintop golf, water sports, pickleball and tennis, hiking, seasonal lifestyle activities, and a sumptuous Lake Club with fine and casual dining, pools, hot tubs, fitness center, shopping, full bar, and more.
Congratulations, Kayla, Jose and Baby K!
The People Making It Possible
Castle Ladyhawke at Bear Lake Reserve is an 11,000 square foot authentically constructed Scotish border castle offering a destination venue for your dream-come-true wedding…no passport required! Now booking Elopements, Micro-Weddings, Full-Day Weddings and other events of up to 140 guests for 2021, 2022, and 2023; contact our Castle Concierge to book your private tour or request a quote.
The Bear Lake Reserve mountain lake vacation and real estate community sits nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains, yet offers all of the comforts of a luxury resort. With stunning mountain views and pristine waters, our secluded community is a hidden gem of western North Carolina. Our numerous amenities allow you the opportunity to do as much or as little as you want to do in a day.
Jackson County in Western North Carolina is home to the mountain communities of Cashiers, Cherokee, Dillsboro, Sylva, Balsam, Cullowhee, Glenville and Sapphire, and more than 500 square miles of natural beauty and attractions including the Blue Ridge Parkway, Lake Glenville, Panthertown Valley, waterfall trails, the Tuckasegee River, the WNC Fly Fishing Trail®, NC Trout Capital®, and Harrah’s Casino.